Damascus Road Antiracism Analysis Training
The Damascus Road Antiracism Analysis Training presents foundational understandings for much of what Roots of Justice does. Typically spanning one evening and two full days, for a total of 20 hours, the Analysis Training covers these topics:
- An exploration of the history of racism and resistance to racism
- Thinking systemically about communities
- Racism’s intersections with other forms of oppression
- Defining racism
- Race as a social construct
- Racism as a systemic reality
- White privilege
- Internalization of racial oppression and superiority
- Racial and cultural identity
- Institutions and Institutional racism
Teaching methods include facilitator presentations, small and large group discussion, personal reflection exercises, case studies, video, group exercises, and laughter.
You can learn more about the analysis of racism presented in Damascus Road trainings by reading the preface to Set Free, and by viewing the short video below.